A Few Simple Ideas
- In your favourite bread recipe, replace one third of the liquid with Grainfields.
- In salad dressings, replace the lemon juice with Grainfields.
- Make iceblocks using Grainfields.
- Add to your drinks or mix fruit pulp with Grainfields, and remake iceblocks.
- For colds: Warm Grainfields liquid, add some fructose or honey and drink; do not boil or add boiling water as this temperature will be too hot for the bacteria (body temperature is perfect).
Browse through the recipes for different ideas of how to include these wonderfully nutritious and healthy liquids and powders. Please let us know if you have used any of these and any other ideas you may have. We love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com
Fermenting foods at home-As far back as our records take us, man has used the art of fermenting foods to improve holding and storing properties.
Some of the foods traditionally fermented with Lactobacillus bacteria were – Coffee Beans, Salami, Ham, Fish, Vegetables, Tofu, Cheese, Yoghurt, fermented Milk drinks and Breads. In western cultures, the main source of Lactobacillus bacteria was in our breads and from our organic grains and vegetables.
THE GOLDEN RULE FOR GOOD FERMENTATION AT HOME IS:
Always sterilise utensils and containers before and after use. Equal amounts of good and bad bacteria can live happily together and spoil your food. Good fermentation ensures you have the good and none of the bad bacteria.